Young families moving to a new neighbourhood often have the quality of local schools high on their list of considerations.
Some areas may have natural green surroundings, some may offer a lot of conveniences and some may provide quick access to other places. While all these features are essential to young families, whether a home falls in a particular school’s catchment area tends to be a primary concern.
Here are the top elementary and high schools in Vancouver, B.C., as reported by the Fraser Institute. While the Institute’s criteria for ranking schools is limited, the list below is still an excellent place to start when taking into account the top schools and the neighbourhood they are in.
Elementary Schools in Vancouver
Besides its appealing housing options for young families, Vancouver also has an abundance of schools that consistently rank as top-performing institutions in the city.
Below are some of the best public and private elementary schools in Vancouver. These ratings enable parents to make a quick comparison of local schools and serve as a guide for schools to improve their performance.
Vancouver Elementary Schools Ranking (Fraser Institute 2017-18 Report Card)
PUBLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS
- Tyee ranked #1 with a rating of 8.8
- Dr. R E McKechnie ranked #2 with a rating of 7.9
- Maple Grove ranked #3 with a rating of 7.9
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier ranked #4 with a rating of 7.7
- Dr. Annie B Jamieson ranked #5 with a rating of 7.6
PRIVATE ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS
- Corpus Christi ranked #1 with a rating of 10
- Crofton House ranked #2 with a rating of 10
- Our Lady Of Sorrows ranked #3 with a rating of 10
- St George’s ranked #4 with a rating of 10
- Vancouver College ranked #5 with a rating of 10
Secondary Schools in Vancouver
Vancouver has 18 public and 11 private high schools where you can enroll your child after they finish elementary school.
Below are the top public and private high schools.
Vancouver Secondary Schools Ranking (Fraser Institute 2017-18 Report Card)
PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOLS
- Lord Byng Secondary School ranked #1 with a rating of 7.1
- Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School ranked #2 with a rating of 7
- Eric Hamber Secondary School ranked #3 with a rating of 6.8
- Kitsilano Secondary School ranked #4 with a rating of 6.7
- Point Grey Secondary School ranked #5 with a rating of 6.3
PRIVATE HIGH SCHOOLS
- Little Flower ranked #1 with a rating of 10
- Crofton House ranked #2 with a rating of 9.9
- West Point Grey ranked #3 with a rating of 9.9
- York House ranked #4 with a rating of 9.9
- St John’s ranked #5 with a rating of 9.6
Call Top-Rated Vancouver Painters for Help with Your New Home
Tall Guy Painting offers first-class indoor and outdoor painting services. Our top-rated Vancouver painters have the qualities and experience necessary to deliver a top-notch paint job from start to finish.
We serve all areas of Vancouver, B.C. including Arbutus, Downtown, Dunbar-Southlands, Fairview, Grandview-Woodland, Hastings-Sunrise, Kensington-Cedar Cottage, Kerrisdale, Killarney, Kitsilano, Marpole, Mount Pleasant, Renfrew-Collingwood, Riley Park, Shaughnessy, South Cambie, Strathcona, Sunset, Victoria-Fraserview, West End, West Point Grey and beyond.
If you’re planning to make a move into one of Vancouver’s top neighbourhoods, contact us online or at (778) 683-5397 today!